Friday, April 24, 2015

CONSIDER CARPOOLING!


                 Most of the time people don’t put any effort out to ask a friend if they want to carpool. An American spends about 40 hours stuck in traffic each year blocking other cars from going. In America 50,000 people die only because of air pollution. Carpooling equals less cars on the road which reduces the nation’s dependency on oil in the future. Breathing in air pollution takes away about 1-2 years of a person’s life. If 100 people would have a carpooling option each day, more than 1,320 lbs. of carbon monoxide and 2,376,000 of carbon dioxide wouldn’t be in the air. It is not right, the amount of oil we use and air pollution in the air needs to decrease than stop.

 

                Can you help? Think of the future. Air pollution is caused partly by the amount of pollution released by cars. The roads will also be safer if we carpool. There could be an accident on the road if there are too many cars. So many people die since so many people won’t carpool. If you have a longer ride, less cars on the road will mean less traffic. Think of how many people die the fuel that cars use. Should this go on? No it can’t.

 

                You might not know how to help with this problem. Well let me help. If everyone had a carpooled once a day per week so much oil would be saved. If you have a long commute why not carpool. Ride or walk if you can. Take a bus instead of your car. Buses take much more people. How about take only one trip to the grocery store per week if you don’t already. Use cleaners that are environmentally safe to reduce indoor air pollution. So try it, it can’t hurt.

 

                So you’re probably thinking if she wants me to do it why she doesn’t just do it?  Well I’ve been doing some things myself. I’ve been carpooling with a lot of people on my street. I ride my bike if I can when I’m going somewhere. I also walk places if I can. I ask people to ride their bikes some places. Or even to my house. I take the bus to school every day with about 35 other kids. So that’s what I’ve been doing and that’s not even all of it.

 

                Think of the future. We all want it to be happy. It would be so sad if there was no oil or fuel when I’m older. We are close to this being a problem. Air pollution is so sad that thinking about it makes it impossible to think all happy thoughts. Air pollution could definitely take someone’s life easily. Soon we will be back to horse drawn carriages. Some people in the future aren’t even going to know what oil gas or fuel is because we are wasting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment